Migla

Lūdzu pieslēdzies vai reģistrējieties.

Lietotājvārds, parole, sesijas ilgums
Paplašinātā meklēšana  

Jaunumi:

Autors Tēma: Krionika nedarbojas -- PZ Myers  (Lasīts 16500 reizes)

0 Iemītnieki un 1 Nereģistrētais lasa šo tēmu.

Orc

• Atslēdzies Atslēdzies
  • Ieraksti: 1374
Krionika nedarbojas -- PZ Myers
« : Jūlijs 15, 2015 »

Nesenais raksts no prominentā neirobiologa PZ Myers par krioniku: http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/2015/04/16/how-to-live-forever/

Plus, nav arī ne mazāko pierādījumu, ka prāta pārlāde būs iespējama tuvākajā gadsimtā, vai īstenībā tajebkādā laika periodā. Tā kā vietējie tirliņi futūristi-fantasti varat nesasapņoties!

Citāts
I look at what those cryogenic frauds are doing to dead bodies, this elaborate ritual of surgical and chemical and pseudo-scientific alteration of the corpse with the hopeful idea that this process effectively preserves the person, and I have to shake my head sadly, too. This is just adding layers of technological modification to the dead, instead of decay. I have no hope that this is actually preserving anyone.

I also wonder what a future civilization would do if they inherited tanks of liquid nitrogen containing extracted blobs of diseased brains and decapitated heads. Does anyone really believe that they’d feel any obligation to resurrect them, even if they could? Think of the fate of so many Egyptian mummies, ground up and used in patent medicines, or propped up in museum displays. The more likely end is that there will be a rusted, broken tank in a museum, with a little plaque explaining how some 21st century Americans were so obsessed with immortality that they tortured cadavers.

I’m not even going to address the transhumanist technofetishist version of Pascal’s Wager: "If you don’t freeze your body, you have zero chance of resurrection, but if you do, there’s a small chance that you’ll be brought back to life in the future". Right. And maybe you’ll get teleported into the future if you spin widdershins three times while reciting the Lord’s Prayer backwards. Maybe! A tiny chance is better than no chance, right?
IP pierakstīta
“When the going gets tough, the tough go drinking.”

Ctulhu

• Atslēdzies Atslēdzies
  • Ieraksti: 42366
  • Ateists
Re: Krionika nedarbojas -- PZ Myers
« Atbilde #1 : Jūlijs 15, 2015 »

Rakstā ir weak lirika, kurai nav nekādas nozīmes. Myers jau sen ir zināms ar savu it kā opozīciju.

Orc, ja redzi kādu argumentu par lietu, parādi. Es nepamanīju.
IP pierakstīta

Orc

• Atslēdzies Atslēdzies
« Atbilde #2 : Jūlijs 15, 2015 »

Ja jau tu sakies zinām PZ Myers, tad tev vajadzētu zināt arī, ko viņs konkrēti rakstīja par sasaldēšanas procedūru:

Citāts
I’ve worked with tiny little zebrafish brains, things a few hundred microns long on one axis, and I’ve done lots of EM work on them. You can’t fix them into a state resembling life very accurately: even with chemical perfusion with strong aldehyedes of small tissue specimens that takes hundreds of milliseconds, you get degenerative changes. There’s a technique where you slam the specimen into a block cooled to liquid helium temperatures — even there you get variation in preservation, it still takes 0.1ms to cryofix the tissue, and what they’re interested in preserving is cell states in a single cell layer, not whole multi-layered tissues. With the most elaborate and careful procedures, they report excellent fixation within 5 microns of the surface, and disruption of the tissue by ice crystal formation within 20 microns. So even with the best techniques available now, we could possibly preserve the thinnest, outermost, single cell layer of your brain…but all the fine axons and dendrites that penetrate deeper? Forget those.

We don’t have a method to lock down the state of a 1.5kg brain. What you’re going to be recording is the dying brain, with cells spewing and collapsing and triggering apoptotic activity everywhere.

Vari atspēkot viņa rakstīto (vai vispār da jebkurš krioniķis to var atspēkot?)? Be my guest!, tā teikt...
IP pierakstīta

Ctulhu

• Atslēdzies Atslēdzies
  • Ateists
« Atbilde #3 : Jūlijs 15, 2015 »

Myers acīmredzami nav tēmā.

1) liqid nitrogen nevis liguid helium temperatures
2) nekā nav dzirdējis par vitrifikāciju, vitrifikantiem, dmso bāzētiem kristalizācijas protektoriem

Myers vnk stāsta, kā (jaunībā, kad kko darīja) ir gatavojis audu paraugus un ar to viņa zināšanas aprobežojas.

PS atsldēšana nematodei ir jau panākta, atsaldēšana transplantējamiem orgāniem arī.

Nu nezina cilvēks lietas, man pat nav īpaši jāmeklējas pa netu lai redzētu, ka nezina, pat ne tik, cik es, lai arī šī audu krionēšana nebūt nav mana tiešā specialitāte.

Koroče forget Myers, viņš nav kompetents.
IP pierakstīta

Gnidrologs

• Atslēdzies Atslēdzies
  • Ieraksti: 8276
« Atbilde #4 : Jūlijs 15, 2015 »

Viņam nav jāargumentē pret transhujānistu emo liriku. Viņš prosta atbliež analoģisku liriku pretim, jo argumenta kā tāda nebija to begin with.
IP pierakstīta

Gnidrologs

• Atslēdzies Atslēdzies
  • Ieraksti: 8276
« Atbilde #5 : Jūlijs 15, 2015 »

Btw, Ctulhu, nah tev atsaldēties? Tu jau tā pat esi atsaldēts?  :)
IP pierakstīta

Orc

• Atslēdzies Atslēdzies
« Atbilde #6 : Jūlijs 15, 2015 »

Myers acīmredzami nav tēmā.

1) liqid nitrogen nevis liguid helium temperatures
2) nekā nav dzirdējis par vitrifikāciju, vitrifikantiem, dmso bāzētiem kristalizācijas protektoriem

Myers vnk stāsta, kā (jaunībā, kad kko darīja) ir gatavojis audu paraugus un ar to viņa zināšanas aprobežojas.

PS atsldēšana nematodei ir jau panākta, atsaldēšana transplantējamiem orgāniem arī.

Nu nezina cilvēks lietas, man pat nav īpaši jāmeklējas pa netu lai redzētu, ka nezina, pat ne tik, cik es, lai arī šī audu krionēšana nebūt nav mana tiešā specialitāte.

Par vitrifikāciju viņš atbild vienā komentārā:
Citāts

DataPacRat: Being a “full-fledged cryonicist” seems to mean nothing more than that you are a true believer, and have signed a contract to be frozen someday. That does not make you better informed, only more gullible.

Yeah, you others, I’ve heard the stories. You’re not frozen, you’re vitrified, as if that is somehow an improvement. That just means your tissues are saturated with glycerol, ethylene glycerol, or DMSO, or some other wacky cocktail concocted by the company getting your money, as you’re cooled, removing the water that would otherwise crystallize. Go ahead, take a healthy rat and drain its brain, replace half of its water with glycerol or whatever, then rehydrate…and tell me if the rat is anything but dead afterwards. You don’t even need to cool it to liquid N2 temps — just do a replace and restore of brain fluids.

I know about the work on brain slices. I’m unimpressed. Even if you got partial physiological function out of a vitrified and restored slice (you don’t even have that), you haven’t gotten around the problem of getting uniform saturation of a whole brain — one little missed spot, and you’ve got the equivalent of a major stroke.

Slicing the brain into little thin slabs to get more thorough penetration isn’t a solution. Here’s another experiment for you: take a living rat brain. I’ll even let you cut sloppy thick sections, say 100µm. Now slap ’em back together. Is the rat doing a little happy dance?

Heck, I’ll be even more generous. Just cut one coronal slice through the middle of a rat brain. Stitch it back together. Is it alive or dead?

You guys are all excited because there’s a technique that preserves the superficial morphology of brain tissue to a greater degree…while making serious chemical changes to it, as if that’s irrelevant. It looks good, so you’re signing up, while as far as function goes, it’s as crude and destructive as an ancient Egyptian embalmer sticking hooks up your nose.
IP pierakstīta

Orc

• Atslēdzies Atslēdzies
« Atbilde #7 : Jūlijs 15, 2015 »

Citāts

Tu pats neesi kompetents, tik vien kā fantasts-sapņotājs. Evidences vai GTFO!
IP pierakstīta

Ctulhu

• Atslēdzies Atslēdzies
  • Ateists
« Atbilde #8 : Jūlijs 16, 2015 »

orc, tur jau nav kam oponēt, tukša vieta.

``ethylene glycerol,``

čuvaks bez visa pārējā vāji zin arī ķīmiju. Tā viela saucas ethylene glycol, etilēnglikols.

``I know about the work on brain slices. I’m unimpressed.``

Nu a man ta kas par daļu, cik impresēts vai neimpresēts ir kāds, kurš nav tēmā :D

`` Even if you got partial physiological function out of a vitrified and restored slice (you don’t even have that),``

Myers un Orc vnk iet meklē literatūru un lasa. Abi divi. Lasa kaut vai Miglas forumu, kurā es esmu ielicis norādes uz vitrificētu audu revitalizāciju.
IP pierakstīta

Ctulhu

• Atslēdzies Atslēdzies
  • Ateists
« Atbilde #9 : Jūlijs 16, 2015 »

eh, jāpūlās te jūsu dēļ, ar karotīti jābaro:

http://online.liebertpub.com/doi/abs/10.1089/rej.2014.1636

koroče Orc lasa, Myers lasa :D
IP pierakstīta

Ilārs

• Atslēdzies Atslēdzies
  • Ieraksti: 7556
« Atbilde #10 : Jūlijs 16, 2015 »

To make long story short: "you get degenerative changes"! Dažiem pat tas vairs nav iespējams.
IP pierakstīta

Ilārs

• Atslēdzies Atslēdzies
  • Ieraksti: 7556
« Atbilde #11 : Jūlijs 16, 2015 »

Te ir viena no Ctulhu piedāvātā raksta autorēm: Vita-More received her doctorate from the Planetary Collegium, University of Plymouth, United Kingdom. Her Ph.D. thesis focused on human enhancement and radical life extension.[14] She has an M.Phil. in Media Art & Design from the University of Plymouth, a M.Sc. in Future Studies, University of Houston; and a B.F.A. in Fine Art, University of Memphis; and was filmmaker-in-residence, University of Colorado. She also holds certificates in Physical Fitness and Sports Nutrition from the American Muscle and Fitness Association.[15]

Īsi sakot, dizainere, kas piestrādā par fitnesa treneri
IP pierakstīta

Ctulhu

• Atslēdzies Atslēdzies
  • Ateists
« Atbilde #12 : Jūlijs 16, 2015 »

Ilārs

1) nemelo ( jeb varbūt tu anglisk lasīt nemāki?)

`` Her Ph.D. thesis focused on human enhancement and radical life extension.``

2) iebilsti par lietu.

IP pierakstīta

Ctulhu

• Atslēdzies Atslēdzies
  • Ateists
« Atbilde #13 : Jūlijs 16, 2015 »

Karavāna iet tālāk, otru sakāmvārda pusi, es domāju a) visi labi zina, b) tā šeit ir lieliski vērojama. :)
IP pierakstīta

EzītisMiglā

• Atslēdzies Atslēdzies
  • Ieraksti: 13936
  • ezītis miglā
« Atbilde #14 : Jūlijs 16, 2015 »

Ctulhu

Pētījumu sponsorē "Alcor Research Center", tas nekas ?
Praktiski viena cilvēka pētījums, tas arī nekas?
Ir peer-reviewed?

:)
IP pierakstīta