Migla

Lūdzu pieslēdzies vai reģistrējieties.

Lietotājvārds, parole, sesijas ilgums
Paplašinātā meklēšana  

Jaunumi:

Autors Tēma: Ateisti stāsta kāpēc kļuvuši par kristiešiem  (Lasīts 27017 reizes)

0 Iemītnieki un 1 Nereģistrētais lasa šo tēmu.

Ateists

• Atslēdzies Atslēdzies
  • Ieraksti: 1504

*Tie protams ir tikai niki internetā, tomēr man gribas domāt, ka viņiem nav iemesla melot. Reizēm anonimitāte internetā tieši palīdz būt atklātākam. Enīvei, vai kāds pamana patternu?

Citāts
Citāts
Alright, wasn't planning on saying my story but it doesn't look like many have answered. Here is why I became Christian:
I came to a point in my life where everything was wrong. I had no friends, what seemed like no good future, and I was just honestly completely miserable. I felt complete hopelessness. I wanted to latch onto something that could keep me going, but as an atheist, there was nothing for me to hold onto. When things failed here day after day, why should I still be here? So, I planned to end my life. But that week, miraculously, I was invited to a Church. I had looked through several religions before - hoping to attain what I was looking for, but it was in vain. And I went to a service to humor my friend, maybe get in a good debate, but I found something different there. And it is hard to explain, but listening to the message of the Gospel of Jesus Christ helped me in a way nothing else could. I accepted God as my savior and since then, I've been a better person and my depression has gone away.
(Sorry if it isn't the logic-based answer you all were maybe looking for)

Something similar happened to me a few years ago that I don't share very often because it is painful. For a few years, I lived across the street from a church. I always parked my car in the parking lot because it was close to my house, but I never thought much about it. Fast forward a few years later, I became extremely depressed. I had a lot of stress from my job and my soul was basically being crushed by some really nasty people that were trying to get me fired... I basically went to bed every night sad that I was going to have to wake up to my life. One day, I got home from work on a Saturday, and parked in the parking lot like I always did, but I felt dead inside and just started crying uncontrollably. I remember sitting there looking at my house for a long time, not wanting to inside and continue the horrible cycle of suck. So instead of going home, I found myself walking into the church. I can't explain it.. I just felt I was being guided there, like it was where I needed to be. I met some church ladies who invited me to services the next day. When I left, I left feeling completely positive, happy, and changed, like I just knew everything was going to be different for me from thereon. I remember telling myself as I walked that "This date is going to be the day that I remember as the day I changed my life."
The next day, I found out that at about that same time, my brother had committed suicide.
There is some special irony that I don't quite understand that in the same moment I decided to change my life for the better, my brother decided to end his. I had been an alcoholic, but I quit drinking. I quit that terrible job within a week.That church helped me through all of it.
I think atheists should keep an open mind. You never know what kind of moment will change your life forever. I still don't know if there is a God. But, regardless, at exactly the moment I would have needed God the most, he was right there with me. Or perhaps my brother was guiding me out of my own downward spiral. There are some things about the universe that I will never understand. I think that's the beauty of it all.
Sorry for the long post.

Citāts
This is an hard topic, therefore I apologize in advance for my bad english.
I was an atheist. I didn't believe in anything I couldn't see, and I was proud of my reasoning.
But my life felt empty. There wasn't anything to fight for, everything was pointless. What do I strive for? Why should I care for someone, for something? I felt the world selfish and cold, and I was becoming so. Yet I went on, day by day, walking, but without a destination. I tried many hobbies, but was never interested in anything. I loved, but not with all my love. I cried, but not all my tears. In other words, I always felt things in half, everything missed something.
I was missing myself.
When my mother died, I was on the verge of a crisis. Then I met my SO. She spent time at the local church, but left when the disputes with other guys (over petty things, mind you) were becoming unbearable. Yet she still had this unbreakable faith. I was interested in this world I had no knowledge of, so she taught me how to pray. I began reading the bible and...I just found strength in it. it taught me how to be a better man, it taught me to fight to be a better man, an example for everyone to aspire to, even if I'll fall in the way. It remembered me the importance of family, the importance of being involved in what I do.
It's been years now, and now I'm happier than ever. I found my strength, I found myself.

Citāts
A lot of things actually! I ended up hanging out with a lot of Christian people when I was a junior in college. They'd invite me to all of their events through the local Christian group on campus. No one ever forced religion on me. I really liked the community the had, and the out reach programs. Everyone took you in like you were always part of the family. My good friend got me a book "Blue Like Jazz" to help me with my internal struggle. It was a really great read by the way and I'd recommend it to anyone.
Then one day it finally 'clicked'. It just made sense to me. It was still a slow process, but I started going to Church and reading the Bible. I started having serious discussions about faith and what Christianity meant. And I realized it means so many different things to everyone. It's not so black and white. That's what I love about it. I always know I have a place to turn to no matter what. Something about praying to Jesus makes me feel warm inside. I feel comforted. I'm by no means super faithful. I don't go to church every Sunday and I haven't read the whole Bible, but I'm where I need to be at. And that's okay.

Citāts
I became a Christian because of the people I met going to a bible camp for a week. I was totally depressed and didn't want to live anymore, but when I went to the bible camp I met so many people who actually cared about me, and I totally felt God's presence and was overcome with love. I finally said "Ok God, take over my life" and my life has changed so dramatically in the past 7 years. I started making small changes in my life, praying, listening to worship music and Christian music, realized so many important thing's about myself, and finally became aware that I am a child of God, made in his image, that I am loved, that I have a future.
I am a completely different person now because of becoming a Christian and wouldn't have it any other way!

Citāts
Might be a bit late for this, but I figured this would be a good reason for one of my firsts posts here. Although I never made the claim to be an atheist, I was definitely not religious or spiritual in any sorts. The idea of a God was not something I even began to acknowledge.
When I fell into a state of depression, I contemplated putting an end to my life. I didn't believe that there was a way out of my depression, nor was there anyone to be there for me. Until my only "friend" at the time invited me to church. Initially I only began attending a church weekly because it was the only place where I felt accepted and was able to socialize, it allowed me to forget about everything else that had been going on. Through building life-lasting friendships, and being exposed to the church, I came to know Christ, and the love that He had for me when he took my tribulations on the cross.
Through growing in my relationship with Jesus, he has brought me out of depression, allowed me to see the joy in the world, allowed me to forgive my abusive father, grow in my relationships with family, enjoy life and so many other things.
TL;DR Lonely and depressed, Christians were the only people who made me feel accepted.

Citāts
Here is my story:
I grew up in a "Christian" home. My parents would make us all go to Church every Sunday and that was the extent of our faith. Over time, I saw my parents marriage go down the tubes, which turned my mother into a very emotionally abusive person, my sister take a horrible path with her life, my brother have some gambling issues, etc etc. I prayed to God for help, for somebody to end my lonliness and how horrible my home life was, nothing happened. I decided there must be no God. Shortly after that, I met a guy and he was a Christian, but nothing like my family. We started dating, I started attending church with him, but nothing was ever forced on me and my views never changed. Then, this February ( Ironically, exactly 3 years after I declared I didn't believe in God to everyone including my family) I was talking to a friend whom was Christian about my beliefs and it got to a point where I said "all my life it seems I've never been wanted, I've always been in the way and it's always been to the point where I don't even know why I am alive" and he turned to me and said something that was so powerful that I literally started shaking..."God wants you". I don't know why it never clicked in my head before or it never impacted me, but in that moment, it did. I Looked back on my life and started realizing God was there through everything. For instance, I asked for Him to be with me and he gave me my future husband only a week later. I've been with him over 4 years since we meet and I'm loving every minute of it. I've been a Christian less than a year and I've really had to change my life, but it's all worth it to me. If it weren't for my Fiance with his patience and love (which so resembles the way a true Christian should act) as well as my friend, I'd be so lost. I'm sorry if it's a weird story, but it's the truth.

Citāts
I was an atheist but I didn't hate the church, or really harbor any ill thoughts or feelings to those who did, which is good because my wife was religious. She wanted to raise the kids in the church and I didn't mind that, but my oldest was starting to do the whole "I want to stay home with Daddy" thing, so she asked me to start going with her. And I did, because, as we all know, ducks don't suck themselves.
Anyhow, I got to be pretty good friends with one of the pastors. I love Josh like a brother. We would occasionally talk religion, but mostly I felt like we were real friends. He didn't try to pressure me, but he wasn't going to change his ways either, so I say through plenty of prayers at lunches, talk about God, etc.
I don't know why it happened when it happened. About two years after I start going back to church I start having a crisis of lack of faith, as I used to put it. I decided to really read the Bible for the first time, starting with the New Testament, and I started to see that the faith was a lot more complex and willing to bend to doubt than modern American Christianity would have you believe. I realized that all of my rational arguments against the existence of God did nothing against the overwhelming sense of peace and contentment that I got from the Bible.
I didn't go born again. I still believe gays should be allowed to marry, abortion should be legal, and that the creation story is a myth. But I do love Christ, and I believe in the Grace that makes us whole in the eyes of God. Becoming a Christian has softened my view of the world. I see things more in grays now. I'm far more willing to accept the shortcomings of myself and others while trying to improve myself.

Citāts
I was born into a Christian household, but slowly lost my faith over time due to disillusionment, etc. Unlike many of the posts here, I wasn't in a depressed state or anything like that- I considered myself a pretty content person.
Anyway, my girlfriend, who has very strong faith, starting bringing me to her church. at first i just humored her, and I struggled a lot with the messages I was hearing. One night, though, I had an amazing experience during worship, just completely out of the blue- I felt the presence of God. I can;t explain exactly what it was like except to say that it was the most amazing experience of my life, and I ( a man who hadn't cried in five or so years, even at my uncle's funeral) was moved to tears.
What finally sealed it for me was seeing firsthand some of the amazing things God can do. A few months after my conversion, I was sitting on a plane, and struck up a conversation with a young Swede sitting next to me. It turned out that he was irreligious, but had grown up in church, like me, and was interested in learning more about God. And sitting in the seat next to him on the other side, it turned out, was a youth pastor. It was really amazing to see that God had placed her in a position to help a young person and me in a position to work with someone whose position I had occupied mere months before. It just really showed me that if you seek God, he will put people in your path to help you find Him.

Ctulhu

• Atslēdzies Atslēdzies
  • Ieraksti: 42031
  • Ateists
Re: Ateisti stāsta kāpēc kļuvuši par kristiešiem
« Atbilde #1 : Decembris 06, 2013 »

Patterns - psiholoģiskas traumas, smagi pārdzīvojumi. Depresija.
IP pierakstīta

Ateists

• Atslēdzies Atslēdzies
« Atbilde #2 : Decembris 06, 2013 »

Zo...kristietība ir salauzto reliģija?

Ctulhu

• Atslēdzies Atslēdzies
  • Ateists
« Atbilde #3 : Decembris 06, 2013 »

Nu bet tā jau radās, attīstījās kā apspiesto, vergu, iekaroto tautu utt. reliģija.
IP pierakstīta

Ctulhu

• Atslēdzies Atslēdzies
  • Ateists
« Atbilde #4 : Decembris 06, 2013 »

Šajā sakarā:

Ja ej pa ielu, redzi, ka pretī nāk kādi sludinātāji - vienalga, jehovistu, mormoņu, PV, etc, un Tev ir vēlēšanās izklaidēties ar kādu mentālo boksa raundu, tad ieslēdz režīmu ``mazais nabadziņš``: nodurts skatiens, sakumpis augums, šļūcoša gaida, rokas karājas. Garantēju, ka pienāks klāt un prasīs ``kā Jums klājas?``

Tālāk - yor limitation is your imagination, likuma robežās, protams :D
IP pierakstīta

AMF

• Atslēdzies Atslēdzies
  • Ieraksti: 2073
« Atbilde #5 : Decembris 06, 2013 »

Parasti lopi reliģijai pievēršas īsi pirms došanās labākos medību laukos. Bail no nezināmā un tā.
IP pierakstīta

Ateists

• Atslēdzies Atslēdzies
« Atbilde #6 : Decembris 06, 2013 »

OK bet ir arī kāds psiholoģiski veselīgs iemesls pievērsties reliģijai? Aiz lieliem priekiem piemēram? :D

Ctulhu

• Atslēdzies Atslēdzies
  • Ateists
« Atbilde #7 : Decembris 06, 2013 »

Ateists, nu gadās, piemēram muzikāli cilvēki, kuriem patīk baznīcu muzika, izglītība humanitāra...
IP pierakstīta

Ctulhu

• Atslēdzies Atslēdzies
  • Ateists
« Atbilde #8 : Decembris 06, 2013 »

Nu un protams, konflikts starp bioloģisko mirstīgumu un saprāta vēlmi turpināt eksistēt, domājams, ka tas ir galvenais cilvēku reliģiozitātes rašanās cēlonis.

Paredzu, ka pie reāliem panākumiem radikālā dzīves ilguma pagarināšanā ticīguma izplatība strauji mazināsies.
IP pierakstīta

a_masiks

• Atslēdzies Atslēdzies
  • Ieraksti: 14581
  • nakriškānis
« Atbilde #9 : Decembris 06, 2013 »

Zo...kristietība ir salauzto reliģija?
Tas būtu extrēmi primitivizēta klišeja, bet jā, arī tas...

paterni ir sekojošie
- antropoloģiska sevis identifikācija kā kautkādas sociālas sabiedribas daļa, identitātes problēmu risināšana
- socilizācija ar sev līdzīgajiem, vienojošas idejas-pazīmes esība
- samērā triviāla morālētikas bāze, kas neprasa lielu izpratni, vienkārši imperatīvi kas ir tikai jāizpilda, nevis jāanalizē.
- sociāla un antrpomorfa taisnīguma ilūzija (cerība ka derdzīgo alfas tēviņu izdrāzīs SuperAlfas tēviņš), kā arī fatālo netaisnību un dzīves cietsirdību izlabos.
- psiholoģiska mierinājuma un psihiatriskas terapijas esamība, kas balstās atkal tajā pašā taisnīguma ilūzijā.
- šķie ka vēl kas, ko uz sitiena nepamanīju-piemirsu.
IP pierakstīta
I'm fine, blya!
Ja ticīgs es būtu

a_masiks

• Atslēdzies Atslēdzies
  • Ieraksti: 14581
  • nakriškānis
« Atbilde #10 : Decembris 06, 2013 »

Parasti lopi reliģijai pievēršas īsi pirms došanās labākos medību laukos. Bail no nezināmā un tā.
Interesanti, ka bija nezkāds pētījums, kas šo stereotipu apgāza. Tb - vecuma demence varbūt arī ir iemesls, taču nāves tuvums nav kautkā īpaši motivējošs.
IP pierakstīta
I'm fine, blya!
Ja ticīgs es būtu

MJ

• Atslēdzies Atslēdzies
  • Ieraksti: 7832
  • sirdī vēsturnieks
« Atbilde #11 : Decembris 06, 2013 »

Par konvertētiem ateistiem grūti spriest, bet man ir zināma rinda kristiešu, kas ir gan gana psiholoģiski stabili, gan ari veselīgi domājoši un pietiekoši izglītoti. Tā ka tāds universāli vienojošs faktors manuprāt nebūs nemaz tik viegli atrodams.
IP pierakstīta
Izveido pats savu hokeja komandu:

Ctulhu

• Atslēdzies Atslēdzies
  • Ateists
« Atbilde #12 : Decembris 06, 2013 »

MJ, nu tie stabilie un izglītotie varētu būt tā audzināti.
IP pierakstīta

MJ

• Atslēdzies Atslēdzies
  • Ieraksti: 7832
  • sirdī vēsturnieks
« Atbilde #13 : Decembris 06, 2013 »

MJ, nu tie stabilie un izglītotie varētu būt tā audzināti.
Domāju, ka ne tur tas sobačko norakts. Vpročem imho Masiks ļoti labi paskaidroja pāris postus augstāk.
IP pierakstīta
Izveido pats savu hokeja komandu:

AMF

• Atslēdzies Atslēdzies
  • Ieraksti: 2073
« Atbilde #14 : Decembris 06, 2013 »

Citāts
Interesanti, ka bija nezkāds pētījums, kas šo stereotipu apgāza

Hm, interesanti. Nupat nesen kāda paziņu - paziņu tante, kurai ārsti pareģo ne vairāk kā mēnesi līdz karotes nolikšanai (plaušu vēzis), ņemas visiem zvanīties un prasīt, lai notur par viņu baznīcā aizlūgumu vai ko tur. Es gan neesmu informēts, vai arī pirms savas diagnozes tante bija tikpat ārprātīgi reliģioza.

Citāts
nu gadās, piemēram muzikāli cilvēki, kuriem patīk baznīcu muzika, izglītība humanitāra...
Tas, ka cilvēkam patīk ērģeļu mūzika nenozīmē, ka jamam jāsāk pielūgt dievības. Var droši čāpot uz baznīcu un klausīties, zibeņi jau nespers. :) Man, piemēram, vizuāli patīk gotiskās un neogotiskās katedrāles, bet dievības īpašā cieņā neturu.
Un kas vainas humanitārajai izglītībai? :)
IP pierakstīta